Timberland in Stratham says it is on a mission to inspire and equip a new generation to step outside and move the world forward. To further its commitment to a greener future Timberland is bringing one of its most eco-conscious and comfortable experiences ever to boots.
GreenStride soles are lightweight and made from a 75% combination of renewable sugar cane and responsibly sourced rubber, offering cushion and rebound with every step. And now they come in waterproof, designed for anything nature throws in the way.
“We’re excited to debut our GreenStride eco-innovation in boots, which have been the heart and soul of the Timberland brand for decades,” said Chris McGrath, vice president of global footwear design for Timberland. “Our designers worked tirelessly on these progressive new styles that are built to perform in the outdoors, from the city to the trail and back again.”
To support the launch, Timberland is using a global, digital-first campaign shared through the voices of global changemakers who step outside and work every day toward a greener and more equitable future.
“When people think of boot culture, they think of Timberland,” said Drieke Leenknegt, global vice president of marketing for Timberland. “With this campaign, we celebrate our latest boot innovation through highly visual, even artistic creative that inspires ‘Adventurous Doers’ to pull on their GreenStride™ boots and get outside. To bring it all to life, we’ve given a platform to the game changers of today, who take steps every day to move their communities, and the world, forward.”
Global changemakers highlighted in the campaign include:
- Sophia Li: Chinese-American multimedia journalist, film director and co-host of the new show, All of the Above. She is a storyteller and climate optimist who is rewiring how we think about climate.
- Jon Gray: Cofounder of the creative & culinary collective Ghetto Gastro working at the intersection of food, culture, and The Bronx experience to help show others nature’s greatness.
- Flock Together: London-based birdwatching collective working to address the underrepresentation of People of Color in the outdoors and educating young people about the benefits nature can offer.
- Rickey Y Kim (aka RYK): Los Angeles-based methodical creative who aims to evoke the heart of things to discover the “why.” His work spans music to fashion to publishing.
- Olivia Rose: Artist and designer who describes herself as a Botanical Sculptor, inspired by what grows naturally in un-natural environments.
GreenStride boots will be available at Timberland specialty stores, wholesale accounts and timberland.com with the launch of the GreenStride Solar Ridge, followed by the other styles in October. For more information about Timberland’s commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world, visit the brand’s responsibility site.
Timberland is a global outdoor work and lifestyle brand that’s on a mission to equip and inspire a new generation to step outside and move the world forward. Based in Stratham, NH, Timberland also has international headquarters in Switzerland and Shanghai.