Best Companies to Work For Competition
Perks are great, but it's culture that keeps employees. No one knows that better than the organizations on the list of NH's Best Companies to Work For. They offer some amazing perks and policies, but those are just the tools to drive cultures that actually engage employees.
For more than two decades, Business NH Magazine has recognized the best employers in the state and shared how they create workplaces that attract and retain talent. In 2022 we recognized 30 winning companies and inducted six companies into the Hall of Fame.
To apply for the 2023 competition, click here!
Applications will be due May 26.
Winners will be announced in the September issue of Business NH Magazine and featured at the Breakfast With the Best event in the fall.
The Application Process
BusinessNH Magazine wants to hear from businesses whose employees love their jobs, have great benefits, are treated fairly and take pride in the work they do.
• The competition is open to any company with headquarters in NH.
• It is also open to companies with headquarters elsewhere but with at least 40 employees working in NH.
• The application includes two streamlined online forms, one for employees and one for the employer.
• There is an entry fee of $895, and all applicants will receive a report from The Employee Engagement Group, which administers the employee engagement survey, showing how your company compares to other NH employers as well as national benchmarks for employee engagement.
• The employee and employer surveys must be completed by 5 p.m. on May 26. The employee engagement survey must be completed by 50 percent of the workforce for NH-based companies or 50 percent of the NH workforce for out-of-state companies.
• The competition does not have a set number of winners, instead all companies that meet the threshold score will be honored. Last year that was 30 companies.
• The Top 12 Best Companies contenders will receive virtual visits from judges that will include an interview with the CEO and a meeting with a focus group of employees. These virtual interviews will help to determine the final ranking of the top 10 companies.
So Why Enter?
- In this tight labor market, this prestigious award will make your company stand out to potential employees.
- Whether your company wins or not, you will receive the detailed results of your employee engagement survey to see where your culture excels and where investment could be made. This is feedback directly from your employees!
- Past applicants will also receive how results have changed from previous employee engagement surveys.
- The survey is conducted by the Employee Engagement Group for an application fee of $895.
- See how you compare to other best in class companies.
- Create team pride.
The Key to Winning
Create an amazing workplace culture!
Okay, you already knew that.
However, the key to maximizing your employer application, which weighs heavily in the judging process, is to take advantage of the word count for each essay question and give detailed answers about your culture, policies and perks that make your workplace stand out. Remember, all the companies entering think they have a great culture and may even offer similar programs. So don’t be vague. It is the details that make for winning applications.