Top 100 Private Companies
Business NH Magazine compiles a list of the top 100 private companies in NH for the December issue. Companies are ranked by annual gross sales. The five companies on the list with the fastest growing sales during the past three years are also profiled in this issue. Business NH Magazine also creates a 10 companies to watch list, consisting of those companies with sales between $1 million and $15 million but experiencing substantial growth.
Here's a statistical snapshot of the class of 2017:
- Together these 100 companies provide 35,129 full-time jobs, of which 14,521, or 41percent, are in NH.
- The largest employer on the list is C&S Wholesale Grocers in Keene, which employs 16,500, while the smallest employer is Port Electronics Corporation in Salem, which employs eight.
- 61% of the Private 100 are family owned.
- Only 17% of the Top 100 are women-led businesses.
- The oldest company on the Private 100 list is Monadnock Paper Mills in Bennington (founded in 1819) while the newest is ConvenientMD Urgent Care (founded in 2012).
Do you want to be part of the 2018 lists? Then you need to apply. The application is available online only and is due Oct. 12, 2018. The lists will be published in our December issue.
Apply here .
Five Fastest Growing Companies in 2017
Gareth Dickens, left, and Max Puyanic, co-CEO's of ConvenientMD Urgent Care. Photo credit: Matthew J. Mowry
1. ConvenientMD Urgent Care , Portsmouth
Provider of urgent care, occupational health, work injury and walk-in medical services.
Three-year average growth: 91.3%
2. Port Electronics Corporation , Salem
Distributor of electronic components, military-grade batteries and power solutions to the aerospace and defense industries.
Three-year average growth: 39%
3. Medicus Healthcare Solutions , Windham
Staffing for healthcare providers.
Three-year average growth: 36.9%
4. Skillings & Sons Inc. , Amherst
Water well drilling, well pumps, water treatment and geothermal.
Three-year average growth: 35%
5. Colwen Management Inc. , Portsmouth
Hotel management company.
Three-year average growth: 33.3%
10 to Watch in 2017
Jake Reder, CEO of Celdara Medical. Photo courtesy of Celdara Medical
1. Celdara Medical , Lebanon
Providing developmental, financial and business acumen to build academic and early-stage innovations into high-potential medical companies.
Three-year average growth: 192.8%
2. Turnstone Corporation , Milford
Construction management, design build, general contractor.
Three-year average growth: 96.5%
3. ReVision Energy , Brentwood
Design, installation, and service of solar energy
Three-year average growth: 84.9%
4. Everlasting Capital Corporation , Rochester
Provides growth funding to small- and medium-sized businesses.
Three-year average growth: 84.8%
5. AECm, LLC , Newmarket
Architecture and engineering consulting firm.
Three-year average growth: 83.3%
6. Amati Auto Group , Hooksett
Used car sales
Three-year average growth: 76.8%
7. The Autumn Group , Windham
Three-year average growth: 71.4%
8. Red Door Title , Portsmouth
Real estate settlement and title insurance services
Three-year average growth: 59.6%
9. Mickey Guru Travel Company , Merrimack
Three-year average growth: 52.1%
10. CBS Medical Billing & Consulting, LLC , Exeter
Medical billing and consulting
Three-year average growth: 49.6%