Moulton Farms in Meredith hosts LRVNA’s Feed the Home Care Need fundraiser.
In the Spotlight: The Lakes Region Visiting Nurse Association (LRVNA) held their 3rd Annual Feed the Home Care Need fundraiser, in partnership with The Common Man family of restaurants and generated $12,400. Every $10 donation was rewarded with a $10 bonus card, valid at 11 Lakes Region area Common Man locations. LRVNA recognized John Moulton of Moulton Farms in Meredith who welcomed hosted the team over two weekends providing a platform for promotion, education, and sales of the Give $10, Get $10 program.
Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc, a broadband and business communications provider, hired Shannon Sullivan as corporate communications manager. Sullivan will have lead public relations and company-giving oversight in the region and several other markets. Sullivan, who previously served as community relations manager for the NH Union Leader and Sunday News, is active in the local community serving on the boards of the Manchester Historic Association, Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester, Friends of CHaD and West High Blue Knights Foundation.
The NH General Office of New York Life , in Manchester, has hired Oliver Simon as an agent for the company. Keith Janca, managing partner says Simon’s eagerness to help families as they work to protect their financial futures will be beneficial to the community. Simon has just relocated from the UK.
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust has hired Mynor Aldana as AVP, branch relationship manager for the Nashua branch located at 115 Daniel Webster Highway. He has more than 10 years of banking experience with Bank of America, working in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Northeast Resource Recovery Association in Epsom is alerting all New England Municipalities that glass is an extremely valuable recyclable material. Whether crushed for reuse under roads, sidewalks, and parking lots, or melted and reused for other glass products, it most certainly is not trash and it can be recycled at a much lower cost per ton than either single stream recycling or trash disposal. Recent international recycling market upheaval has put a tremendous strain on municipal recycling budgets and NRRA stands ready to help them recycle right. All Municipalities are encouraged to call 1-800-223-0150 for assistance with options other than disposal.
When Plymouth State University (PSU) celebrated its 147th commencement recently, in addition to awarding 690 degrees to undergraduates, the University recognized five members of its faculty with Distinguished Faculty Awards. Recipients of the University's most prestigious recognition for excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service are nominated by their peers. The 2018 Distinguished Faculty Awards were presented to:
- Cynthia Waltman, Ph.D., professor of counselor education and school psychology, and coordinator of the school psychology program, received the Distinguished Graduate Teaching Award. She is a licensed psychologist (WA) and nationally certified school psychologist. Dr.
- Jonathan Santore, Ph.D., professor of music, received the Distinguished Teaching Award. Before joining the PSU faculty in 1994, Dr. Santore held teaching positions at Occidental College, California State University, Los Angeles, and the University of Minnesota.
- Elizabeth Ahl, Ph.D., professor of English, received the Distinguished Scholarship Award. Dr. Ahl is an author and poet whose works have been published in numerous literary journals and anthologies.
- Judith D'Aleo, teaching lecturer, biological sciences, received the Distinguished Teaching Lecturer Award. D'Aleo has taught anatomy and physiology to students of all ages for almost 30 years. She teaches Anatomy and Physiology Labs at PSU as an adjunct and provides technical support to professors teaching physiology.
- Scott Coykendall, associate professor of professional writing, received the Excellence in Faculty Service Award. Prior to his academic career, Coykendall worked in the software industry as a Senior Technical Writer. In 2014 PSU students honored him with the Distinguished Advising Award.