With the U.S. government closed for business for the 21st time since 1976, this time with a partial shutdown, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on the States Most & Least Affected by the 2019 Government Shutdown.
WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia in terms of five key metrics, ranging from each state’s share of federal jobs to federal contract dollars per capita to the share of families receiving food stamps. Here's how NH stacks up.
Impact of the Government Shutdown on New Hampshire Compared to All 50 States and DC (1=Most Affected, 51=Least Affected):
- 47th – Share of Federal Jobs
- 15th – Federal Contract Dollars Per Capita
- 20th – Real Estate as a Percentage of GSP
- 31st – Access to National Parks
- 49th – % of Families Receiving SNAP (Food Stamps)