As businesses in and around Keene re-open, the City of Keene has launched a KeeneSafe Pledge. About 150 businesses have signed the voluntary pledge to follow CDC and other COVID related guidelines. The Greater Keene Chamber salutes those businesses, and encourages others to consider signing on.
This program provides an opportunity for Keene business owners to help reduce transmission of COVID-19 among employees and customers by implementing and maintaining health and safety protocols. The pledge includes:
- Requiring employees and encouraging customers to wear masks in public settings where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Configuring public spaces for social distancing consistent with CDC guidelines.
- Placing alcohol-based hand sanitizer in frequently visited locations for both employees and customers.
- Implementing workplace cleaning and disinfection practices that follow CDC guidelines including regular sanitation of high-touch surfaces.
- Not allowing employees with COVID-19 symptoms to work on-site.
- Following current State of NH COVID-19 Reopening Guidelines.
The pledge is available as an online form for business owners to complete and submit electronically. As submissions are received, businesses will receive posters to display in public facing windows to communicate to consumers their commitment to following COVID-19 health and safety guidelines, and their business names will be added to the website.
The intent of the pledge is to reduce transmission of COVID-19 among employees and customers and keep businesses open. It also gives Keene consumers the ability to easily identify businesses that are committed to following State of NH and CDC COVID-19 guidelines.