For more than 25 years, Business NH Magazine has recognized businesses that go out of their way to create engaging workplaces and understand that fulfilled employees are more productive.
The new workplace realities are evident among this year’s winning companies as flexibility is a consistent focus with many winners offering remote and hybrid work schedule options. “This year’s winning companies demonstrate there is no one model for being an employer of choice. However, they do share a commitment to creating an engaging workplace by meeting the needs of their workforce. These employers are helping employees to strike a balance between work and their home life, even as those boundaries become blurred by remote and hybrid options,” says Executive Editor Matt Mowry.
The 2023 winning companies are:
- XMA Corporation in Manchester
- Unitil in Hampton
- Raka in Portsmouth
- Northeast Delta Dental in Concord
- Bangor Savings Bank in Portsmouth
- Novocure in Portsmouth
- FreshAir Sensor in Lebanon
- Merchants Fleet in Hooksett
- DEW Construction in Manchester
- ITR Economics in Manchester
- Jewett Construction in Fremont
- NFI North in Contoocook
- Primary Bank in in Bedford
- PROCON in Hooksett
- Cohen Closing & Title in Bedford
- Moore Nanotech in Swanzey
- VHB in Bedford
- Outdoor Pride Landscape & Snow Management in Manchester
- Sanborn Head & Associates in Bedford
- Pastori Krans in Concord
- Boothby Therapy Services in Laconia
- McFarland Johnson in Concord
- Polyonics in Westmoreland
- Hammond Lumber Company in Rochester
- Blue Mantis in Portsmouth
Their stories and best practices are featured in the September issue, which can be ordered by visiting www.businessnhmagazine.com.
Hall of Fame
Companies that earn a place on the Best Companies to Work For list four out of five consecutive years are inducted into the Hall of Fame for two years. Eleven companies were inducted into the Hall of Fame this year:
• Bellwether Community Credit Union in Manchester
• CCA Global Partners in Manchester
• CoreMedical Group in Manchester
• Granite State Credit Union in Manchester
• Geophysical Survey Systems (GSSI) in Nashua
• Mainstay Technologies in Belmont and Manchester
• Mascoma Bank in Lebanon
• MegaFood in Manchester
• Sunrise Labs in Bedford
• The Granite Group in Concord
• Wire Belt Company of America in Londonderry
The 2023 competition attracted applicants from across the state. Each completed an extensive employer survey, detailing benefits and workplace practices. Employees from each company also filled out an employee engagement survey. Both surveys were administered by The Employee Engagement Group, and the results of all those assessments determined the winning companies.
To further refine the ranking of the top 10 companies, business and HR executives volunteered their time and expertise to conduct site tour visits of the top 12 companies that included interviews with the top executive and a focus group of employees as well as a tour of the facility. The site tours were organized and facilitated by Bruce Mast & Associates and The Leddy Group.
To celebrate the 2023 winners, Business NH Magazine will host Breakfast with The Best on Sept. 21. The event will include a panel with select Hall of Fame companies, as well as CultureFest: 2023, where participants will dig into workplace topics in multiple eight-minute workshops with executives from the winning companies and Hall of Fame companies. The Breakfast will be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton in downtown Manchester from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. To register for the event, visit businessnhmagazine.com/events/2022-breakfast-with-the-best.
Sponsors of this year’s breakfast are: Best Companies Sponsor: Unitil; Breakfast Sponsors: Eversource and Northeast Delta Dental; Hall of Fame Sponsors: CoreMedical Group, Granite State Credit Union and Wire Belt Company of America; CultureFest Sponsor: Duprey Hospitality; and Program Sponsor: Bellwether Community Credit Union; Coffee Sponsor: Critical Mass Coffee