Harold Turner, CEO of the HL Turner Group. Photo by Kevin Harkins.
Harold Turner, CEO of The HL Turner Group in Concord was named the 2019 Business Leader of the Year by Business NH Magazine. Turner is being honored for his leadership in NH’s engineering industry and his dual passions for sustainable energy projects and school choice.
Business NH Magazine also announced today its prestigious Business of the Year award winners, which will be featured in the May issue. The following companies were chosen for their outstanding civic contributions and exceptional performance within their industry sector:
- Business Assistance Organization – Vested for Growth in Concord
- Business Services – Eversource in Manchester
- Construction/Engineering – Warrenstreet Architects in Concord
- Nonprofit – Riverbend Community Mental Health in Concord
- Financial Services/Insurance – Clark Insurance in Manchester
- Health Care – Cornerstone VNA in Rochester
- Hospitality/Tourism – The Red Arrow in Manchester
- Manufacturing/Technology – W.S Badger Company in Gilsum
- Retail/Wholesale – CCA Global Partners in Manchester
- Education – Nashua Adult Learning Center in Nashua
The competition and event are a partnership between Business NH Magazine and the NH Association of Chamber of Commerce executives. All businesses must be nominated by a chamber of commerce executive. Executives from a number of chambers winnowed the field of candidates to three semi-finalists in each category. From there, a Panel of Excellence, consisting of leaders from the 2018 Businesses of the Year award, selected this year’s recipients after careful consideration and great debate.
Awards will be presented at a special luncheon on Thursday, May 30, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown Hotel in Manchester. Sponsors include: Leadership Sponsor Citizens Bank; Platinum and Nonprofit Sponsor NH Charitable Foundation; and Platinum Sponsor Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Video sponsors are Anagnost Investments, AutoFair and Peoples United Bank. The Table Sponsor is Catholic Medical Center and the Centerpiece Sponsor is Sheehan Phinney Bass & Green. Tickets for the luncheon are $65 per person or $600 for a table of 10.
Some of the event proceeds fund scholarships for members of the NH Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives scholarship fund. To register, please visit www.businessnhmagazine.com/events/business-of-the-year-2019.