Newsletter and Subscription Sign Up

Housing Appeals Board Seeks Engineer or Surveyor

Published Thursday Apr 22, 2021

Housing Appeals Board Seeks Engineer or Surveyor

The Supreme Court will be accepting applications for a currently vacant position as a member of the Housing Appeals Board established by RSA chapter 679. In accordance with RSA 679:1, the vacant position must be occupied by a professional engineer or land surveyor.

The term of the position shall be for the unexpired portion of a four-year term ending on June 30, 2024. Members of the Housing Appeals Board are appointed by the Supreme Court and commissioned by the Governor. RSA 679:1 states that members “shall be full-time employees and shall not engage in any other employment, appointments, or duties during their terms that [are] in conflict with their duties as members of the board.” Annual compensation for the position is between $63,494.08 (step 1) and $88,387.00 (step 7).

Candidates should submit a current resume and a separate statement of interest to Timothy A. Gudas, Clerk, New Hampshire Supreme Court, One Charles Doe Drive, Concord, NH 03301. The statement of interest should: (1) explain the candidate’s reasons for seeking appointment to the Housing Appeals Board; (2) list two professional colleagues and two lay people who could act as a reference concerning the candidate’s fitness to serve as a member of the Housing Appeals Board; and (3) identify and discuss the two or three most significant cases, transactions, administrative hearings, or development projects in which the candidate has been involved during their professional career.

Link to Job Listings on State of New Hampshire Job Opportunities Website

All Stories