NH Food Bank won an award for the most creative presentation for their Protein for NH School Programs (Photo courtesy of John Benford Photography)
NH Businesses for Social Responsibility recently held its annual Sustainability Slam where businesses and nonprofits share their inspiring efforts to improve communities, workplaces, and environment. Sixteen presenting finalists, chosen by an independent panel of judges, had 90-seconds to tell their story. The audience voted via live electronic polling on the most compelling winners in each area of impact: community, workplace, environment, and nonprofit among large and small organizations.
The 2018 Sustainability Slam Winners:
- large company Pete & Gerry's Organic Eggs
- small company Genuine Local
- large company Hanover Co-op Food Stores
- small company NEMO Equipment
- large company MegaFood
- small company W.S. Badger
- large organization Goodwill of Northern New England
- small organization Girls at Work
NHBSR is a community of nearly 200 businesses, nonprofits, and governmental agencies working together to support sustainability efforts in New Hampshire.